


John's first day of school! Here he is walking as fast as he can away from the family. He was more than excited to get in there. His teacher's name is Mrs. Martin...she is a friend of my parents' from waaay back, so we were thrilled to get her! She is very loving and Godly. I did not cry this morning like I thought I would, but I am dying to know what his first day is like! I can't believe my little baby boy is in school! Yeah for John!

UPDATE: He had a GREAT first day! His favorite thing was PE and eating in the cafeteria...hmm....sounds like his daddy's boy. I DID cry a little bit this morning...when we walked him into the school, he said, "I think I'm supposed to do this by myself". All of the kindergarten classes meet in the cafeteria and walk together. I cried and waved at the back of his head as he walked with his class. He's big. Ugh.
8 comments:
I can't believe he is old enough to go to school! What a precious boy. I can't believe that you didn't cry. I was crying in the car listening to the radio talking about stories from the first day. So proud of your big guy!
Awwww....before you know it you will be crying because he's going off to college, or the Air Force Academy, or the Army, or he's not leaving home! :-)
He looks so sweet & so grown up Ana! VERY impressed with the whole no crying bit... way to go!
I just (finally) finished Cold Sassy Tree. I liked it.
ditto on the much props for not crying! just the thought makes me tear up already. hope he had a great first day of kindergarten.
Thanks for the encouragement girls! I had to add an update. I'm not as tough as I thought.
This made me want to cry.
His teacher looks familiar to me. I must know her somehow?
Our boys are big. Weird, hu?
Love you!
jenn
Ana, what a big day for you guys and John! You don't have to be tough. It sounds like you handled the moment very well. I just LOVE that his favorite activities were PE and eating lunch in the cafeteria. Too cute! Hope the rest of the week has gone well also :)
WOW! It just brought back a flood of memories! This year was a hard one for me, too. Lily in 1st grade! Hope you're hanging in there! How has the week gone?
love, Jacque
Post a Comment