Friday, December 3, 2010

Hi, Shawn!

This is a test to see if my friend Shawn is reading my blog. Haha!

Let me just write about Shawn for a minute. She is younger, taller, and wiser than me. This morning she & her kids came over for tea. (Yes, I like to say it that way...). We talked and talked and talked while the kids (Jude and her two youngest girls) played around the house and backyard. Shawn is just simply one of those friends who I can sit with and be myself. She is kind and funny and I love her perspective on life. She loves her family fiercely and knows who she is in Christ. I want some of her personality traits to leap off of her onto me...confidence being one. She has started a blog on parenting...if anyone else wants to learn from her wisdom...shawnmelanie.wordpress.com.

I am blessed to have lots of friends in my life. Many of whom I glean wisdom from. I think everyone should have a few friends (at least) who you can sit and talk with for hours. Leave the laundry, the cleaning, the meal planning, ignore the THREE kids banging on the piano and just talk, laugh and drink tea.

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am reading your blog and so honored by what you said. Scheesh!

Thanks for such a fun morning. I love how you make me laugh and challenge me to be a better Mommy.