Monday, January 10, 2011

Ok, so I'm in love with my blender...

My awesome sister-in-law gave me this cookbook for Christmas and I am loving it! I have been known to trade ground turkey breast for beef in any meal and hide spinach in everything so this is right up my alley. I also have been throwing in cold milled flax seed in everything...no one suspects a thing!
This afternoon I prepared for the week by pureeing carrots, cauliflower, & spinach. I made brownies from page 156 last friday and they were a little lumpy, but I think I perfected the puree this afternoon. I have to say my favorite recipe so far is the Marshmallow Crispy Treats (pg 190). They are made with organic puffed whole grain brown rice and flax seed...they were gobbled up!
I have also been searching Jessica Seinfeld's website, doitdelicious.com & I'm going to buy her other book Double Delicious tomorrow.
Ok, I'm off to make pizza tonight!

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are trying these out. It looks like a great book but I wanted to hear some feedback on it before I plunked down some money to buy my own.

Can't wait to hear about more great recipes.

KD said...

I have the double delicious one! :) My favorites so far are the turkey meatloaf & the cauliflower au gratin. Tried the lemon chicken & the chicken enchiladas- not a huge fan, probably won't make them again.

I'm glad you're blogging again!