Friday, March 4, 2011

Jude's 3rd Birthday

Little late on this post...just trying to keep within the character of my blogging personality.

Our precious Jude Henry's third birthday was February 26th. I was coordinating a women's retreat for our church that weekend, so it was the first time ever I wasn't actually with one of my sons on his birthday. :( The Wednesday night before I asked a wonderful friend (with 4 boys) to skip church & join us at ChickfilA. Chicken, presents, cake...an hour & a half later we had celebrated Jude.
Jude Henry is our baby. I can't believe he is three. He is big & potty trained & carrying on real conversations with interesting topics such as animals, police cars, pooping, & what foods are his "fay-frits". He is a funny little guy and I can't imagine life without him.
He was born at 38 weeks...I kept telling my obgyn that I was late. He wasn't buying it. Both John & Jack were born at 37...I guess Jude Henry needed one more week. I knew he was a boy...I just knew it. I had his name in my heart for a few years. Jude was a disciple of Jesus & we love the book of the Bible...it contains warnings for the body & encouragement toward intimacy. I love verse 2 "may mercy and peace and love be multiplied to you". (This is part of the greeting of the book...why don't we greet each other like this?) Since Jude's birth, I have thought often of my future daughter-in-laws...or daughters-in-law...I don't know how to properly say that...). I guess that is a blog entry for another day. Henry is my maternal grandfather's name. I almost always call him Jude Henry, or just Henry, or Juder Bear, or...I could go on.
My baby years with Jude were so much different that the big boys. With John, I was a freaked out first time mom. With Jack, I had a two year old at home & felt like I had two babies. With Jude Henry, I had learned that baby years go by too fast & I took my time relishing every moment. I wanted to slow down & not take myself too seriously.
Jude is funny & tough. He is quick to copy his brothers' words & actions. He loves books & cuddling. He loves his Baby Bear that his Aunt Carrie gave him. He loves "peanut buddah jerry" sandwiches. He loves his daddy fiercely and asks for him repeatedly throughout the day.
I pray Jude learns who he is in Christ. God no longer calls him servant, but calls him friend. His heavenly Daddy is bigger & stronger & loves him more deeply than Brad & I ever could. He has been made without fear & has courage in his heart. We can't wait to see what this little tough guy will become, and we have confidence in the One with the plans. Thank you, God, for Jude.






























post signature

No comments: