Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sunny's Treats

My dear friend Sunny Kaye gave me this recipe. She brought it to a recent Women's Retreat & I kept nibbling on it all weekend. I saw her leaving with the empty pan & said "hey! I want that recipe." She said "no you don't...it's dangerous." Well, ok. Then she emailed me the recipe a few days later with the words "I share this with warning". Yikes. Scary.

I changed her recipe up a little bit, but it's gooey-chocolatey-peanutty goodness was gone within days...yes, dangerous, indeed.

Sunny's Treats
Layer 1: One package peanut butter cookie mix prepared accordingly. Press into ungreased 9x13 pan. Bake until golden. Cool COMPLETELY.
Layer 2: One small jar of Marshmallow Cream spread evenly.
Layer 3: Melt 2 cups Chocolate Chips & 1 cup of peanut butter in the microwave. Mix in 3 cups of Rice Crispies. Spread over top.
Cool completely in refrigerator, cut into squares to serve.

My change-ups...
Layer 1: Add 4 to 6 Tablespoons flax seed meal to cookie mix.
Layer 2: Same...I mean, seriously, don't mess with Marshmallow & DON'T use generic...ick, made that mistake before with another recipe.
Layer 3: Use dark chocolate chips & add 3 cups organic quick oats instead of crispies.

Don't say I didn't warn you...

post signature

No comments: