Sunday, September 14, 2008

My Dad's New Ride












My dad has lots of (strange?) interests. I cannot possibly beging to list them all, but some include his tortiose habitat in his back yard, fly-fishing (he's kind of a guru), very old cars, and he is become an expert on Hardware Industry History. He recently sold his 1949 Willis Overland Jeepster. (He very patiently restored this car in the early 90's and my sister and I both rode away from our wedding receptions in it.) It was a very fun car to have growing up and we were sad to see it go; however, he sold it to a friend here in town, so it's still around. This new car is a 1929 Ford Model A Tudor. He "accidentally" bought this one on Ebay while he was cleaning his glasses (or so the story goes that he told my mom). He had been watching it for a long time and finally pulled the trigger. It is in really good condition for being an 80 year old car, but it will be a while until we can take it out for a spin. Anyway, he is very excited about it and so are the boys...they can't wait to help their Granddad restore it! (ps...I thought it was funny when he pointed out that the Model A has 22 horsepower and his Segway has 26...nice.)

8 comments:

Mindy said...

That reminds me of stories when we were kids about you guys sitting in a canoe or kayak in your backyard.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the Jeepster is gone. Wow...blast from the past and good times...

Love your blog!
Court

Schromom said...

Man, Kristin is going to be disappointed...she was hoping to ride away from HER wedding in Kermit! So sad, exciting times for Chuck though.

Anonymous said...

Remember when you and Aimee wouldn't let Abi eat her ham in the big raft in the living room? You made her play GI Joe with Brett?

Anonymous said...

Who bought the jeepster? I can't belive it is gone! This new one looks really cool and maybe all the grandkids can ride away from their weddings in it! Julie

Anonymous said...

1926 Ford Model T to be correct. Mfg. June 1926. Your photos make me look like I am going bauld. Oh well, you never see a marble top on a cheap table.

Ana said...

OOps! Sorry Dad! I was kind of winging it...clearly. I don't think you look like you are going bald; but then again, I can't really remember you with hair. LOVE YOU!

THE Stephanie said...

Wow, I haven't your dad in a long time, but I would still recognize him anywhere!!

Hope you and your family are doing well.

Steph