Our church had a family picnic in the park thing tonight and we were all to bring food for our own families. We headed to Subway (where they serve grade "D" meat...this is the lowest of the fast food grades, btw. Sometimes it stinks to have a brother-in-law who works for Jason's Deli Corporate. He knows waaay too much about fast food. Supersize Me anyone?). Anyway, in true Subway fashion, there was one worker and about 7 people in line, so we went to the next closest thing...Taco Bell. Jack seemed very happy with this choice, although I knew he didn't have a clue. I thought "that won't be bad. I'll try the new Fresco Style". We have lived here for about 3 years and haven't eaten at a TB...even though there is one very close to our house. So, we ordered and went on to the picnic. Needless to say, my poor family remained hungry during the picnic because none of us could bring ourselves to eat. Jack had one bite of a burrito; John ate one bite of a cheese quesadilla; Brad ate a soft taco, I think; and, I had half of my "fresco" soft taco. Yuck, yuck, yuck. I'm not sure why I chose to post about this, but I really can't get over how gross it was. Oh well, maybe we will try it again in three more years. I came home and ate some granola. FYI..."fresco" means same disgusting ingredients without cheese...ick.
2 comments:
I have contended for years that Taco Bell is truly the bottom of the American fast food chain. Inedible. I tried again about two years ago (for the first time in years) out of near necessity, and I couldn't take a second bit. It is incomprehensible to me that they continue to pass inspections AND get people to buy the garbage they serve.
Also I couldn't take a second "bite." It's true that I couldn't take a second bit, either, but I didn't want anyone to be confused.
Post a Comment