1 1/2 cups wheat germ
1 cup nuts ( I have been using sliced or whole almonds)
1 cup coconut flake
4 T cinnamon
1 T salt
1 cup water
1 cup maple syrup
2 T corn oil
1 cup brown sugar
1 T vanilla
Mix all oats, wheat germ, nuts, coconut, cinnamon & salt in a big bowl. Boil remaining ingredients. Pour over dry ingredients and mix well. Spread into lightly sprayed cookie sheet and bake at 275 degrees for 1 hour. Let cool for 30 min or so and then break up into bite size pieces. Add dried fruit (raisins or craisins).
YUM! This is so good! I break into big pieces for the boys and call them "cookies". I have been eating mine with yogurt and fresh blueberries. Next time I am going to try to substitute the maple and nuts for some organic peanut butter...we'll see how that goes.
Thanks for the recipe, Ab.

No comments:
Post a Comment